Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2-day Boot Camp for OpenStack by Mirantis
Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Friday, June 15, 2012 at 5:00 AM (PDT)
Santa Clara, CA
This two-day intensive course provides hands-on technical training for OpenStack™ Compute aimed at system administrators and IT professionals looking to get started on an OpenStack Cloud deployment. Each of the two days will consist of lecture, demos and group exercises.
Day 1 covers essentials of OpenStack Compute, from architecture to deployment and troubleshooting. Day 2 picks up where this left off, covering usage patterns and production operations, essential use cases for OpenStack Object Storage and advanced topics in virtualization and software defined networking.
The course is limited to 10 students for the 2-day class. There will be at least 2 instructors present to lead the course; one instructor leading the course with the secondary instructor available to offer individual help. All course materials will be provided by Mirantis, including access to shared compute resources for labs. Students may bring their own laptops, but are not required to use them for the class. A light breakfast and lunch will be available to all course participants.
- Comfortable with Linux CLI
- Good understanding of virtualization & hypervisors
- Some experience with Linux networking
By the end of this course, class participants will have learned:
1: OpenStack Overview & Architecture
- Project goals and use cases
- Ecosystem & History
- Functional Overview of Key components
- Architecture: logical architecture, components, topology, request flows
- Basic operating and deployment principles
2: Cloud Usage Patterns
- OpenStack codebase overview
- Operating from Web UI and CLI
- Administration overview
- How to create networks, tenants, roles
- Using the Nexenta Volume Driver
- Troubleshooting service failures
- Troubleshooting networking issues
3: OpenStack in Production
- Understand how to deploy OpenStack for real-world use
- Be able to plan OpenStack deployment
- Understand available deployment tools
- Practice OpenStack operation on multiple nodes
4: Swift Object Storage
- Swift use cases
- Architecture and capabilities
- Configuration and security
- Operations and Deployment
5: Advanced Topics
- Overview of Quantum and Software Defined Networking
- Deployment and issues workshop
- VMWare and OpenStack Comparison
- OpenStack Future Roadmap
Contact Mirantis for more information about training offerings.
When & Where
Mirantis delivers OpenStack™ cloud and open source application infrastructure. With the largest pool of OpenStack engineering expertise on the market, Mirantis helps service providers, SaaS vendors and enterprises build and run robust OpenStack clouds. Its unique cost-effective service delivery model is focused on vendor-independent cloud implementation – uncompromised by opaque hooks or proprietary packaging.